Monday, July 25

echoes of reflection

I have often pointed out that one has a better chance of being right all of the time than being wrong all of the time. You would have to know too much to be wrong all of the time since there are often versions and incomplete variations of what is right. This is a simple knowledge problem which basically means that in just about anything and everything there is some form of truth. This doesn't mean that it is the whole truth or even that it is the truth found in its proper context. I have often noticed this in studying other worldviews and world religions - every now and then we find truth in an otherwise erroneous perspective.

I found a couple of lyrics that illustrate this point rather well. The first is by a long-time Christian artist, David Meece:

I'll be waiting for you
When you open your eyes
And the light fills the skies
I'll be waiting for you
When the day's fresh and new
I'll be reaching my arms out to you. . .


The second by far-from Christian, Elton John:

Someday out of the blue
In a crowded street
Or a deserted square
I'll turn and I'll see you
As if our love were new
Someday we can live again
Someday soon


Different perspectives given on the same hope which is found deep within each and every heart. It is called a 'soul' and seeks to be reunited with its Creator, even when the person is not particularly aware of it. As St. Augustine once said, "Our hearts are restless until they rest in Thee." At times there is passion and truth which needs to be redirected.

It is important to see these echoes, that we might see God in the reflection.

1 comment:

H. West said...

i love the thought that God IS ultimate REAliTY and anything that is true is of God. I think when you begin to view God in this light, the true light of how big and all-encompassing he is, it changes your life from having external fruits taped onto it to living in a way in which the ways of God, the ways we were originally designed to live, begin to totally take over and permiate our beings. THIS is the difference between fake relgion and real life. I love it...